Danielle Longchamps, 24, from Ellicott City, Md., adjusts her socks and band-aids on her sore feet after joining marchers in Baltimore with the Occupy Wall Street protests that are marching from New York City to Washington, D.C., on November 22, 2011.
The march covered about 20 miles a day. Participants spent a few nights at protest encampments in other cities. They also slept on college campuses and in the homes of supporters, churches, a music studio and a community center.
Not everyone who started the trip made it, but others joined along the way, swelling to a more than 40 by the time they arrived in Washington.
Not all made the trip unscathed. One had to quit because of shin splints, others because of illness. A marcher was hit by a car Monday night but still made it to Washington.
54 Notes/ Hide
- laa-peste reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- thinkthinkerthinking reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- deviessblog likes this
- inspirement reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- mamitah likes this
- vivaduck likes this
- backto-our-roots likes this
- natsworld likes this
- kir-aaa reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- kir-aaa likes this
- anarcho-queer posted this