Israel court to hear hunger striker’s appeal
Israel’s Supreme Court is set to hear an urgent appeal for the release of Khader Adnan, a Palestinian detained without charge, who has been on hunger strike for more than nine weeks (since the 18th of December), his lawyer said.
The court had been due to address the appeal on Thursday but the case was brought forward by two days following an appeal by lawyer Jawad Bulus on behalf of his client.
Last week, Bulus lodged an urgent appeal with the court to lift the administrative detention order on Adnan, who on Monday marked his 65th day of a hunger strike over his detention.
The court at first said it would hear the case on February 23. But Bulus made a fresh appeal on Monday to advance the hearing, prompting the court to reschedule the hearing, a court spokeswoman said.
Palestinians jailed in Israel are to stage a 24-hour hunger strike in solidarity with Adnan, the association of Palestinian prisoners said. Marches and demonstrations are also planned for Tuesday in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
22 Notes/ Hide
- louietighe likes this
- ghadahme likes this
- emmydiocrity reblogged this from socialuprooting
- emmydiocrity likes this
- bythereins reblogged this from socialuprooting
- ordream likes this
- imaskumaskwemasks likes this
- sans-nuage reblogged this from socialuprooting
- themovedmind likes this
- inspirement reblogged this from socialuprooting
- kissingrevolution likes this
- dibin likes this
- humanisticanarchistphil likes this
- likethe-bird likes this
- basicmarxism reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- yellittothemasses reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- badassbadger88 likes this
- demandingtheimpossible reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- anarcho-queer posted this