Whistleblowing Wednesday: Canada’s Terrorism Assessment Centre Is Monitoring Occupy Canada and Anonymous
Full Report (PDF)
Last year, Paroxysms.ca requested documents about the #Occupy movement in Canada, as well as documents on Anonymous from the CSIS Integrated Terrorism Assessment Centre. This was to determine whether CSIS was monitoring Anonymous or the various Occupy encampments that were in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal. It seems that they were monitoring it, but there doesn’t appear to be much here that they couldn’t find on the Internet.
We’ve had files from ITAC before about the Olympics and the G20, so it made sense to start there. The change in language from “Threat” to “Terrorism” implies that Canada considers the Occupy movement and Anonymous terrorist groups, since why else would a Terrorism Assessment Centre have documents about them.
The Occupy documents first start with the first notice regarding the call-out. It should be noted that this call-out was based on “Open Source” intelligence, which means they saw it on the Internet just like everyone else. Then there’s this weird almost totally unrelated document about Muslims Against Crusades demonstrating on Rememberance Day. This follows with the old Anonymous video that threatened Rob Ford if OccupyToronto was evicted.
20 Notes/ Hide
- tahni reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- hommedeseptiles likes this
- jetaimebalance reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- jetaimebalance likes this
- ricameeka likes this
- ricameeka reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- immortal-sunlight-chaos-heart reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- music-fox reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- drownedratindustries likes this
- westwaveworks reblogged this from anarcho-queer and added:
- smilefortyeight likes this
- waaaaaaaaaaaytoomuch reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- waaaaaaaaaaaytoomuch likes this
- readragerepeat likes this
- sol-psych likes this
- questionall reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- questionall likes this
- anarcho-queer posted this