Initially, the United Nations was convinced that the Syrian government was behind the brutal Houla massacre. But then, some began to have doubts. SPIEGEL traveled to the town to interview survivors and witnesses — and was able to reconstruct the horrifying slaughter.
I read this article the other day. I found it pretty interesting. I’d like to know what you think about it
Submitted by: luigita2
I’m glad someone besides the UN did some investigative journalism instead of relying on biased reports by the Syrian regime and the Free Syria Army (FSA). Truth is, either side could’ve committed the massacre. It’s important to stay somewhat neutral about the civil war in Syria. Bashar is obviously responsible for a large portion of the atrocities committed in Syria but that doesn’t mean the FSA’s hands are clean. There is too little information leaving Syria and not enough investigative journalism. I support the revolution in Syria but I don’t necessarily support the FSA. I just hope the truth comes out and the victims are given justice.
7 Notes/ Hide
- hypergiants reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- slezskadada likes this
- mickeymousehasgrownupaclown reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- silentmo88 reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- backtalkfromthemutesky reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- realworldnews reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- leftistnaija reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- humans-for-breakfast likes this
- luigitaa submitted this to anarcho-queer