On the 19th of November 2012, the Jeremy Hammond Support Network will sponsor a rally in NYC at Jeremy’s bail hearing to show support for the accused hacktivist. Friends and supporters of Jeremy Hammond will gather at Foley Square for a brief march to the Metropolitan Correctional Center where we will pack the courtroom in solidarity with Jeremy Hammond.
We wish to make clear our intent to peacefully fill the courtroom. We are there to support Jeremy and the more people that actually make it into the courtroom the better. We have been told that in the past individuals have been denied access to the court for wearing Anonymous-related emblems. Jeremy wishes to make it clear that he encourages people to wear their Anonymous gear if they so wish.
The event will be covered live on irc.anonops.com #freeanons via sms-irc, courtesy of the the Freeanons Solidarity Network (http://freeanons.org).
Jeremy is accused of taking part in the compromise of Strategic Forecasting, Inc. (aka “Stratfor”) computer systems, and providing information to Wikileaks. This information, released by Wikileaks under the name “The Global Intelligence Files,” revealed even further corruption within the U.S. intelligence community – including plans to target and infiltrate domestic popular movements such as Occupy.
A social activist himself, Jeremy was deeply involved in some of the very movements targeted. While organizing demonstrations against the NATO Summit in Chicago, Jeremy was arrested for involvement in the Stratfor hack based on the testimony and actions of FBI informant Hector Xavier Monsegur (Sabu). Monsegur himself was facing 105 years in a Federal Penitentiary if he could not assist the FBI in identifying and apprehending other alleged members of Anonymous and Lulz Security (http://dc406.com/Monsegur-Hector-Xavier-Information.pdf).
There is ample evidence to show that the Stratfor hack was organized, planned, and orchestrated by the FBI, through the agency of Hector Monsegur, for the expressed purpose of entrapping alleged Anonymous hacktivists. We understand that Jeremy’s years of organizing for social justice show him to clearly possess a more noble character than that of his accuser, Hector Monsegur, best known for hacking into the website of an online casino and using his former employer’s credit card in 2010 to make $15,000 in unauthorized purchases. These things clearly show that Monsegur is not a reliable witness or person of good moral character.
We demand all charges be dropped against Jeremy Hammond! We demand an investigation into the tactics used by the FBI to entrap alleged hacktivists!
25 Notes/ Hide
- patternsofbehavior reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- zennaphobia likes this
- kirklandfruits reblogged this from readinglist32
- kirklandfruits likes this
- deut-le-veut likes this
- readinglist32 reblogged this from dansphalluspalace
- readinglist32 likes this
- fracturedrefuge reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- dansphalluspalace reblogged this from anarcho-queer and added:
- kaiamar likes this
- ourbravenewworld likes this
- straightblown reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- oldparasitesingle reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- moorthodox reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- oldparasitesingle likes this
- but-an-illusion likes this
- mpdgorgon-archive likes this
- sarajeans reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- process-effect reblogged this from anarcho-queer and added:
- process-effect likes this
- mischery likes this
- weather-underground reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- theamericanbear likes this
- anarcho-queer posted this