Egyptian Black Bloc And ‘Hooligans’ Announce Plans To ‘Avenge’ Those Killed In Police Clashes And Protect Protesters
Radical opposition groups ‘Black Bloc’ and The ‘Hooligans’ announce they will head to Mansoura city in the Nile Delta where clashes have intensified between protesters and Egyptian police.
Some of the Delta cities including Mansoura are into their sixth day of civil disobedience to protest against President Mohamed Morsi, which has escalated to clashes with police, leaving one dead and dozens injured in the early hours of Saturday morning.
A statement on several Facebook pages under the opposition groups’ names reads that they will go to Mansoura on Saturday “not [to participate] in a civil disobedience, but to protect [people’s] blood and avenge the bodies that were dragged on the ground.
“We promise you that you will see a different [approach] from us… but you are the ones who forced us [into this].”
“You will see among us youth who will go to death, like you rush for life; for us martyrdom is sacred… Wait for [our anarchy] soon,” they warned.
The Black Bloc first appeared in January as a radical opposition group of young protesters on the second anniversary of the January 25 Revolution.
They participated in anti-government demonstrations and were known for blocking roadways and metro lines.
At one point, Prosecutor-General Talaat Abdallah ordered the arrest of members of the group as part of the investigations on “sabotage, rioting and intimidation of citizens.”
The clashes broke out in Mansoura after riot police reportedly fired tear gas at protesters at the Daqahliya governorate headquarters.
The calls for civil disobedience have led to protests and clashes in Egypt’s Suez Canal cities, Port Said, Ismailia and Suez and recently the Delta cities of Mahallah and Mansoura.
153 Notes/ Hide
- anarchistideas likes this
- thepeacefulterrorist likes this
- mylittlemexicanarabopinion reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- mylittlemexicanarabopinion likes this
- unpoliceyourmind likes this
- 24-hour-revenge-therapy reblogged this from students-for-a-anarchist-society
- students-for-a-anarchist-society reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- karamyoussef reblogged this from elixir-mixer
- karamyoussef likes this
- elixir-mixer reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- elixir-mixer likes this
- crustycarhartt reblogged this from buildingthetwincities
- buildingthetwincities reblogged this from dirtysquatter
- flawlessescape likes this
- sillei reblogged this from no-war-but-class-war
- no-war-but-class-war reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- theheadsup likes this
- emilypeapot reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- warpedpassage reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- amodernmanifesto reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord
- fuckyeahanarchopunk likes this
- terriblebonds reblogged this from furiousmeans
- dude-i-dont-know reblogged this from the-cumming-insurrection
- charlzbee reblogged this from freeganarchist
- charlzbee likes this
- sfitzgerald-art likes this
- xwearyxeyesx likes this
- freeganarchist reblogged this from shetheshrew
- shetheshrew reblogged this from johnnystuds
- effyourtragedy reblogged this from johnnystuds
- slatkorecivi likes this
- spiderminds reblogged this from thepeoplesrecord
- spiderminds likes this
- forever-positively-obsessed reblogged this from anarcho-queer
- laracroftspenis likes this
- johnnystuds reblogged this from fixin-to-die
- johnnystuds likes this
- fixin-to-die reblogged this from xveganarchistx
- madrantings reblogged this from anarcamus
- fightjunknotpunk reblogged this from awka-liwen
- xveganarchistx reblogged this from happyisnotacatxvx
- voodoope0ple reblogged this from herpicusderpicus
- aumarchedesillusions reblogged this from dirtysquatter
- aumarchedesillusions likes this
- nietsneppilk likes this
- gadzooksbazooka likes this
- remuslumpen likes this
- dcfiend likes this
- rigohc likes this
- whatthefuckisfootball reblogged this from bedangeroustogether